My life as a first year health studies student at the University of Waterloo

My life as a first year health studies student at the University of Waterloo.

Pages

Monday 5 January 2015

Let the Second Semester Begin

I'm back, and a lot has happened since the last time I posted...

1.) Christmas break has come and gone. In my mind I thought that Christmas break was going to be much longer than the break I had in high school, but I finished exams just one day before high school classes ended. The break flew by and I definitely did not want to leave home and my family yesterday. Being able to relax with my friends and family and celebrate the holidays together was fantastic; I am truly blessed to have such an amazing group of people who love me.

2.) First semester is officially over. Marks were posted to my quest account the Monday after the exam period, and I could see if all my hard work payed off. It was nerve wracking to check all of my final marks but if you have been putting in an effort to do well you can probably guess your mark before you check, so don't spend too much time worrying and waiting for them to be posted.

3.) I have moved out of the residence room I moved into in September, to another room across the hall. After a few months of living with my roommate our living schedules were not compatible, which only added to be stress of being a student. One of the great things about university (and life) is no matter how stressed or confused you are about something, there are always options. Another girl on my floor and I decided to swap places, an arrangement that should work better for everyone.

Some of the most important things I learned last semester had absolutely nothing to do with classes or academics. When living with another person and on a floor with 50 people you learn so many valuable lessons about yourself, problem solving, and can clearly see the things that are important to you (and those things that really aren't so important). Here's to a fresh start of the new semester.

 Happy first day of classes everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment