My life as a first year health studies student at the University of Waterloo

My life as a first year health studies student at the University of Waterloo.

Pages

Thursday 19 February 2015

Study Study Study



Hello everybody,
It has been a while since I last posted (I’m sorry). 

This week is reading week and I am really enjoying being home and spending some much needed time with family, and hanging out with my friends. I spent the last week of school before reading week doing lots of work so I wouldn’t have to spend all this week doing work; but despite my efforts it always seems like there is something else to do. Here are a few tips that to manage your time well and get all of your work accomplished (ON TIME).

1.) Turn off your phone - I know that this is an obvious one but actually following it is completely different. The next time you go to study don’t take your phone and I assure you the amount that you accomplish will be much more than if you were checking your phone.

2.) Reward yourself – Personally I find chocolate effective, I will tell myself that I can have a piece when I finish a chapter of my textbook readings. Splitting up the work into smaller pieces makes it seem more manageable… and you get a snack!

3.) Take breaks with friends- Even fifteen minutes will make you feel refreshed (and wake you up on those days you just can’t seem to stay awake while working). Let’s face it spending time with friends is awesome.

4.) Make a to do list- Just about every day I write down or make a memo on my phone of all the things I want to accomplish in the day. It will help you prioritize what you need to work on, and it feels really good to cross things off your list.

5.) Breath- Accept that sometimes you aren’t always going to be ahead of the game. You won’t always have your readings done ahead of time (or even at all). But no matter how busy you may feel there is always time to sit down and get things done, don’t stress out just keep working!

No comments:

Post a Comment