My life as a first year health studies student at the University of Waterloo

My life as a first year health studies student at the University of Waterloo.

Pages

Tuesday 9 September 2014

Frosh, Friends and Feelings about my first week…



It is hard to believe that it has been a week since I moved into residence and began my journey as a university student. In some ways the week has flown by and in others it still feels like I am on vacation and will soon be returning home, to BBQ’s with my family on the back deck and washrooms where I don’t feel like cringing if I hit the walls in the shower.  However, orientation week overall has been great.
There were events all week and I was able to meet people from my program and make friends with the people on my floor (everyone is absolutely amazing). While all of the planned events were a lot of fun, my favourite parts of the week had nothing to do with the activities, they were the times where I just got to relax and get to know my floor mates a little bit better. Let’s face it, if thirty people sitting in the middle of a hallway singing Let it Go from Frozen while six people try to play along on guitar doesn’t make you happy not much will.
The dances, shows and events from orientation week were great, particularly the hypnotist (who was hilarious), but I have found that I am ready for classes to start so I can get into more of a routine. Also, I would like to stress that orientation week is what you want it to be, if you show up to events and are prepared to have fun and meet people you will. But, if you show up to orientation events and think that you are “too cool” to participate chances are you will leave disappointed.
So if you are reading this wondering what orientation week is going to be like… GET EXCITED! Get ready to get messy, eat lots of free pizza, cheer, play games and have a fantastic first week at the University of Waterloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment